Name: Madelaine Petsch
Birth name: Madelaine Grobbelaar Petsch
Date of birth: 18 August, 1994
From: Port Orchard, Washington, USA
Eyes: Light Brown
Height: 5ft 5¾in
- Her starsign is Leo.
- When she was born, her father wanted to name her ‘Street.’ However, her mother wasn’t happy with it, so instead, she suggested that they put ‘Lane’ in her first name, which eventually evolved to Madelaine.
- Wanted to be an actress from age 3.
- The daughter of South African parents, she was bullied at school because of her red hair and South African accent.
- She has dual citizenship of both the United States and South Africa.
- Worked as a barista to support herself when living in Los Angeles.
- Madelaine was raised as a vegetarian. At the age of 14, she decided to go vegan and since then, she has claimed that milk and eggs were making her lethargic.
- In February 2017, she starred in a print advert for the animal rights organization, PETA. She wore a bok choy suit for the advert which was titled Turn Over a New Leaf—Go Vegan.
- When she was initially called in for Riverdale auditions, the casting director and producers wanted her for the role of Betty Cooper. However, about 4 months into the auditions, they switched her to Cheryl.
- When it comes to doing her lips even for her onscreen characters, she doesn’t trust the makeup artists and likes to do it on her own.
- She is afraid of open water bodies and ironically her first scene in Riverdale was in a glass-bottomed boat. She had a panic attack just before they shot the scene.